A good hair oil can do wonders for your hair's texture, texture and appearance. In fact, a good hair oil can give your hair a whole new life. This is because oils for the hair add a lot of moisture and at the same time make it soft and shiny. It particularly likes split hair and hair that breaks a lot, really. Most people with curly hair will find that even the finest and softest curls just need this extra amount of moisture that a good hair oil can provide. Unfortunately, there are many hair oils that are filled with harmful ingredients like silicone. You will not find any of them here. We have instead collected a lot of beautiful and Curly Girl approved hair oils that are pure luxury for your curls.
- 10 stk. engangsbadehætter til brug i badet eller til hårkur
- Leveres i papirpose af genbrugspapir
- Lavet af majsstivelse, som er nedbrydeligt
- Miljøvenlige badehætter
- Beskytter dit hår.
- Award-vindende olie til krøllerne
- En multifunktionel olie, du kan bruge til flere formål
- Kan anvendes til både hår og hovedbund
- Sikrer dig bløde krøller efter brug
- Passer til alle hårtyper
- Størrelse: 118 ml.
- Indeholder ikke sulfater, silikone og parabener
- Produceret af økologiske, naturlige ingredienser
- Rig på vitaminer, mineraler og antioxidanter
- Indeholder kæmpenatlysolie, macadamiaolie og tamanuolie
- Giver fugt og næring til håret
- Størrelse: 25/113 ml
- Beskytter mod solen, varme, saltvand og klor.
- Hjælper mod tørt og skadet hår.
- Virker beroligende på tør og kløende hovedbund.
- Udviklet specifikt til krøllet hår.
- Indeholder ingen sulfater, udtørrende alkoholer eller silikone.
- Size: 200 ml
- Praktiske rejsestørrelser til håndbagagen
- Fire forskellige produkter i samme rejsekit
- Medfølgende mulepose til praktisk opbevaring
- Håndlavede produkter med sans for de naturlige ingredienser
- Mist til alle hårtyper, herunder også krøllet hår
- Fri for både kunstige duftstoffer, sulfater, parabener, silikone og mineralolier
- Indeholder certificerede, organiske, essentielle olier og Quartz Crystal Chips
- Vegansk og cruelty free
- Velegnet til dig, der praktiserer Curly Girl-metoden.
- Size: 250 ml
- En skånsom hovedbundsbehandling
- Hjælper mod kløe og fjerner skæl
- Fyldt med vitaminer
- Er særligt egnet til sensitiv hovedbund
- Fremmer hårvækst og hårbundens naturlige olieproduktion.
- Size: 120 ml
- Effektiv antioxidantolie med flere gode kvaliteter
- Beskytter håret mod uv-stråling og fugtigt vejr
- Sørger for hydrering af hårstråene og genopliver dine krøller
- Vegansk hårolie
- Kan anvendes til alle hårtyper
- Size: 100 ml
- Effektiv hovedbundsbehandling mod skæl
- Lindrer irritation og kløe
- Tilfører fugt til hovedbund og hår
- Medvirker til en sund hovedbund og hår
- Indeholder certificeret solsikkekerneolie, organisk kokosolie, sheasmør og velduftende blåbærfrøolie.
- Protein fri
- Size: 120 ml
- Effektiv leave-in-serum, der plejer dine hårsække og din hovedbund
- Velegnet til daglig brug og pleje
- Produktet er velegnet til Curly Girl-metoden
- Har klinisk dokumenteret effekt
- Kan anvendes i alle typer hovedbunde
- Size: 120 ml
What does a hair oil do for my curls?
A hair oil's most important job is to care for, moisturize and soften your hair strands. In addition, hair oils can be used both for styling and as an oil cure for the hair. As the hair absorbs the oil, the hair is groomed and rebuilt from the inside. Therefore, it is also important that you choose a hair oil that suits your hair and its porosity. In addition, some hair oils are made to only get in your hair tips, while other oils may get on the scalp. Whole clean oils can even use on the skin.
The porosity of your hair has a bearing on your choice of hair oil
By the porosity of the hair is meant the ability of the hair to absorb moisture. High porosity means your hair is good at absorbing moisture. Unfortunately, this also means that your hair is good at releasing moisture. The better you know the porosity of your hair, the better you can also determine which hair oil is best for you and how to use your oil.
Would you like to know how to test the porosity of your hair, you can read much more in our blog post about this.
Here you can read the most important thing you should pay attention to, depending on whether you have low or high porosity hair.
Low porosity: Choose a light hair oil
If you have low porosity, it means that your hairs are closed and thus difficult to draw in moisture, but on the other hand it is also difficult to close the moisture out once inside. Therefore, choose a light hair oil as very heavy or greasy oils cannot penetrate the hair strand. One way to help the hair is to add heat to the hair so that the hairs open before applying it to the nourishing oil. For example, you can wrap a lukewarm towel on your hair after you put oil in your hair.
We recommend oils based on coconut, babasu or palm oils for you with low porosity hair as the small molecules in such an oil more easily penetrate the hair.
Medium porosity: You can use most oils
If you are one of the lucky ones with medium porosity hair, you do not have to spend a lot of time evaluating which hair oil you need. You can endure most things. Oils such as macadamia, jojoba, sesame, avocado, apricot and almond are often used in hair oils, among other things because of their softening and moisturizing properties.
Hair with high porosity is usually damaged, dry and especially fragile. With such open hairs, your hair will easily absorb moisture, but also easily lose it again. Therefore, it may be a good idea to use your hair oil in the bath as a form of hair cure, and then rinse it out with cold water that closes the hairs again. Oils such as cedar oil, primula oil, grapefruit oil, corn oil or sunflower oil are good for this type of hair.
How to use a hair oil best?
The most used way to use oil for the hair is in towel-dried hair after the bath. That is, before the hair is dried or styled. Usually, a few drops will be enough, but the porosity of your hair is crucial to the amount of oil you need for your hair. You pour the amount you need into the palm of your hand and distribute it well between the palms. Then you can choose to either curl it in the hair or iron it along the tips of the hair. Again, it depends a lot on your desired styling. If you have small curls, a good curling technique will help increase the volume of your curls, while a stroke along the tips of soft curls, conversely, will make the hair more flat in its structure. Some hair oils are fine to get on the scalp, but be careful to do so unless it is specific to the product, as scalp hair oil can instead make the hair very greasy and unwanted heavy.
Hair oil can also be used in dry hair between washings, which is especially a good idea if you have very dry or frizzy hair. It gives your hair an extra boost of vitamin and moisture between your hair washes and can tame especially frizzy hair. However, here you need to be extra careful with the amounts of natural oil, as you again risk that the hair instead becomes heavy if you use more than the hair can absorb.
Use your hair oil as a hair cure and on the scalp
You can also use your hair oil as a hair cure if your hair needs periods of extra moisture. You can do this in several ways. Either you can get a good portion of oil into the hair after hair washing, let it work for 10-20 minutes, then wash it out. The other option is to get plenty of oil into the hair and let it sit overnight. The morning after, you wash your hair as you normally do.
An oil as Righteous Roots – RX Oil is an example of an all-around natural oil. It is created for use as daily oil, hair care oil and even to massage the scalp. We also sell very classic oils like ours Innersense Treatment Oil or John Masters Organic Oil with Argan or the version for extra dry hair. You will find hair oils for most types of curls and hair generally here on the site.
Find your new hair oil with us
At CurlsForYou, all our hair care products are approved for use in Curly Girl Method. This means, among other things, that they do not contain harmful and drying ingredients that your curls do not like. If you need more information about CurlsForYou, the Curly Girl Method or our products, you are always welcome to contact us on +45 30 34 44 33 or via our contact form.